Wychavon district covers the south and eastern part of Worcestershire and is home to around 125,400 residents and more than 6,400 businesses. We spend over £11 million a year providing a wide range of services from emptying bins and dealing with planning applications to supporting businesses and working with partners on issues including community safety, health and social mobility.
Our three strategic priorities, people, place and prosperity, guide our work. Our values articulate what we stand for and what we expect of our staff – these are great customer service, openness and accountability, innovation and improvement, fairness and respect.
The Financial Services team provides a valuable support service to all areas of the Council and this post, reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, will provide routine accountancy services including support to the budget setting, budget monitoring and final accounts processes.
Full time – 37 hours per week
Up to 18 months Fixed Term Contract
Salary £4.15 per hour for the first 12 months then National Minimum Wage for the remainder of the contract
We are looking for an apprentice who wishes to develop their training and skills in an accounts environment.
As our Finance Apprentice you will be responsible for:
- Providing transactional and administrative support to the Finance Team including transactional support during budget setting, budget monitoring and final accounts preparation
- Gaining experience in undertaking routine accountancy duties such as setting up new creditor and debtor accounts and raising invoices.
- Assist with entries onto computer systems and databases
We are looking for an individual who has:
- Good communication skills
- A willingness to work as part of a team
- A flexible approach combined with a positive attitude
- An ability to confidently use Microsoft Office, Excel and similar IT software
Previous work experience or work placement in an office or administrative environment, would be an advantage.
We offer a range of great benefits such as flexible working hours, generous holiday entitlements, local government pension scheme with excellent contributions, plenty of opportunities for personal development, discounted gym membership and an on site café and nursery (staff discount offered at the nursery).
To apply please visit the National Apprenticeship Website:
For further information about the role please contact:
Steve Smith, Team Leader on 01386 565516 or email Steve.Smith@wychavon.gov.uk
Alice Mason, Head of Financial Services on 01386 565501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 24th January 2021
Interviews to be held on: 9th February 2021 via zoomSupporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification