Team Manager - Fostering Mainstream
Do you have a clear vision of how you can improve the lives of children and young people?
Are you an inspirational leader who listens, acts, connects and cares?
Yes? Then you may be just the fit we are looking for;
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for a Team Manager for the Fostering Mainstream Service. We are looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children & young people.
Why work for Sandwell Children’s Trust?
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are proud to a be a progressive organisation where we all work as one for the safety, health, happiness and prosperity of our children and families and where we ensure this is also the case for our great employees.
Our 12 reasons sets us apart as Sandwell Children’s Trust is the place to grow your career and feel part of a great team. Please visit our 12 reasons via this hyperlink: https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
There are many benefits for working for us too:
- Access to our Learning & Development portal offering virtual training programmes, learning & development info bursts, learning events and much more.
- The latest technology enabling more effective and streamlined working.
- Detailed and effective appraisals to strengthen your practice.
- Great career progression opportunities.
- Access to a range of family friendly policies and flexible working arrangements.
Benefits & Rewards
- Up to £6,500 re-location package
- Generous annual leave of 30 days (rising to 35 days after 5 years’ service) and an additional 9 public holidays; plus, the opportunity to purchase up to 10 days of additional holiday through our salary sacrifice scheme.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, this is a nationwide career average scheme and is a valuable part of the reward package for employees.
- 24/7 access to free and confidential employee counselling service
- Access to Occupational Health services including 24/7 confidential employee counselling service, healthy heart, stress awareness and yoga sessions, physiotherapy self-referral, healthy eating advice and much more.
- Access to a range of discounts on products and services
- Refer a friend scheme that pays £1,000
- Wellbeing initiatives and forums
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle2work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Eye care vouchers
- Reimbursement of Social Work England registration
Sandwell sits in the heart of the West Midlands and has a diverse population of 327,378 people. While Sandwell is the 12th most deprived local authority in England, it is a community where our families have high aspirations and where we pride ourselves on equality of opportunity and our adaptability and resilience.
We have excellent and affordable transport links, quality housing at affordable prices and an abundance of entertainment, arts, culture and history right on the doorstep.
As a Team Manager you will:-
- Supervise, mentor, collaborate and advise ensuring that the highest level of professional service is provided and that you support individuals of varying experience to be the best Social Worker they can be.
- Inspire our social workers and be able to encourage team working.
- Have a proven track record of managing within a Fostering service although we will consider applicants with relevant management experience within children’s services.
- A Qualified Social Worker with significant experience in Children’s Social Care, particularly Fostering or Adoption
- Be able to demonstrate experience of managing a team in a social care environment
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working.
- You will require knowledge of the latest policy and guidance around children’s social care and safeguarding
- A strong understanding of financial and resource management.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, a head for complexity, and know how to improve services.
How to apply
We believe in making life easier here at Sandwell Children’s Trust so there are no lengthy applications forms to complete, application is by way of CV and a 500-word supporting statement covering the following: -
- Key achievements
- Specialist Knowledge
- Overview of what you can bring to the role
Please email to Recruitment_childrenstrust@sandwell.gov.uk
If you would like to discuss this role further, please email Andrew Logie, Registered Manager - Andrew_logie@sandwellchildrenstrust.org
Closing date for applications: Sunday 17th January 2021
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.Supporting documents
SCT My Employee Benefits