Early Years Business & Finance Officer
2 days left
Previous applicants need not apply
The role of the Early Years’ Service is to:
- Lead and facilitate strategic development for Early Years across the City, working with a range of partners
- Raise educational standards and quality in private, voluntary and independent (PVI) childcare provision and Schools, for children aged birth to 5 years
- Provide market management to secure sufficient registered childcare and education places
- Secure and fund early years provision which is free of charge to parents
- Provide advice and guidance to extended childcare provision for children beyond the age of 5 years.
It is also the role of the team to provide childcare related advice to parents and carers. Early years officers liaise with PVI providers, schools, parents/carers and other external agencies to achieve the best outcomes for young children.What is the job role?
The purpose of this role is to:
- Directly support the Childcare sector to ensure long term viability of childcare businesses in Coventry, through providing business support, training, documentation and advice to secure financial sustainability.
- Provide effective financial advice to the budget holders; within the Early Years Service using financial systems to monitor spend, reporting on variances and resolving queries where applicable.
- Authorise orders up to the approved limit for the grade, and ensure City Council policies, procurement guidelines, grant criteria and value for money principles are met, and follow up any issues as necessary.
- Support financial audit processes
- The day to day work is varied and interesting, it includes supporting providers who are just starting out in their delivery early years education, those who need intensive support in the areas of finance and business development.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).Who are we looking for?
- The successful candidate will be well organised, good numeracy and literacy skills and have previous experience in finance and supporting business sustainability.
- They will be flexible and excited about the development of new ideas and initiatives, alongside the interpersonal skills to provide support and challenge whilst sustaining positive relationships and engagement.
- Knowledge and experience of the early years sector would be beneficial
- They will have the ability to travel to schools and early years settings across the City
We can offer:
- Friendly, supportive and highly motivated staff
- A strong commitment to raising standards
- Excellent opportunities to build experience leading to career progression
If you require further information regarding this role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should:
- Describe what attracts you to this role and how your experience relates to the opportunities and challenges presented by this post.
- Detail how you meet the person specification, with clear evidence of your impact.
This post is 24 hours per week.
Interview date: 25 January 2021
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
All attachments for the job can be found hereIntroduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks