St. Mary’s CE (VC) Primary School
Queen Street, Kingswinford, West Midlands
Tel: 01384 818295
Fax: 01384 818297
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, successful and dynamic leader and teacher to join our good school, starting in September 2021 or sooner.
We are proud to offer:
- pupils who love to learn and want to succeed
- a school that has high expectations for all, with drive and vision for continuing school improvement
- a dedicated Senior Leadership Team and staff
- a school that embraces its distinctive Christian character and has close links to the local Parish church and lives out its Christian vision – ‘Learning to Live Life in all its Fullness’ (John 10:10)
- a commitment to invest in all staff, providing opportunities to grow and succeed, including the best possible training
- a school that is seeking to join a diocesan MAT as a founding school.
With our supportive and forward-thinking learning environment we are looking for a person to provide inspirational leadership across the school that is absolutely aligned to our vision so all can flourish.
The Deputy Headteacher will lead and manage significant areas of school improvement, shaping the progress of Personal Development, Behaviour and Teaching & Learning.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Established themselves as an excellent classroom practitioner
- A proven record of successfully leading and managing change in pursuit of strategic objectives
- Experience of contributing to school improvement as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Experience of using assessment data to track and analyse pupil progress and set targets for improvement
- A proven track record of raising attainment
- An up to date knowledge of the primary curriculum from Foundation Stage through to the end of KS2
- Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues in order to secure school improvement and leading by example
- Experience of initiating and implementing strategies to work in partnership with parents and the community
- Has the ability and commitment to develop and promote the distinctive Christian character of the school, welcoming children and families from all faiths and none
School visits are required and can be arranged by contacting the school:
Our Deputy Headteacher will have a teaching commitment of 0.4, taking Leadership and PPA cover, enabling them to be an outstanding role model within the classroom whilst also having significant time to drive forward the required school improvement.
Salary Scale: L7 – L11.
Closing Date: Friday 5th February at 4pm.
Shortlisting Date: Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th February; candidates will be notified by telephone on Tuesday 9th if they have been selected for shortlisting.
Interview Dates: Day 1: Tuesday 23rd February. Day 2: Wednesday 24th February. The process will involve teaching a lesson at St Mary’s, a pupil interview, a parent interview, leading assembly/worship, a formal interview and a further selection tasks.
Closing date for applications is Friday 5th February 2021 4.00pm.
Interviews will take place on 23rd February and 24th February 2021.
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all, staff, governors, volunteers and our wider community to share in this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and safer recruitment checks will be undertaken as appropriate.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents