Apprentice - Pay & HR Administrator
37.0 Hours per Week
We are proud to have been involved in developing this Apprenticeship Standard and now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard working person to join our friendly and professional Corporate Payroll and HR Administration team.
During the Apprenticeship the role will include:
- Using and maintaining an integrated HR / Payroll database (Oracle).
- Issuing letters for contractual changes and responding to correspondence
- Assisting in providing advice and guidance to employees relating to pay and benefits
- Understanding the role GDPR has in the work place
- Working independently and within a team adhering to tight deadlines
- Processing PAYE, National Insurance and all other statutory deductions in line with HMRC regulations
- Processing occupational and statutory sickness, maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Following set procedures and policies at Solihull MBC
- Working effectively with Solihull MBC’s HR and Finance department
- Undertaking general administration tasks such as filing, printing, answering phones and responding to incoming queries either face to face, on the phone or in writing
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven numeracy and literacy skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications (Word & Excel)
- Effective communication and organisation skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
In return we offer the following:
- Apprenticeship training delivered at Solihull MBC to achieve a nationally recognised certificate (Level 3). Whilst studying this apprenticeship, you will be eligible for immediate professional body recognition at Student Affiliation level of the Global Payroll Association (GBA). Also, professional body recognition as a student member, at the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP).
- Competitive salary paying above the Apprenticeship rate.
- The opportunity at the end of the Apprenticeship to be offered a Pay & HR Administrator Role on Solihull MBC’s terms and conditions (earning up to £23,080 per annum once a set client allocation is fully managed).
- Potential career progression path to become a Senior Pay & HR Administrator and the opportunity to undertake the CIPP foundation Degree in Payroll Management, which is fully funded by Solihull MBC.
- 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service with the option to purchase up to 10 days' additional annual leave
- A great working environment, together with a range of flexible working options, attractive staff discounts and benefits including a career average pension scheme , discounted travel for bus and train travel and flexi time
At the end of the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will be the first point of contact for a set client base for all Payroll and HR Administration queries, providing accurate and high quality information within a fast paced environment.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Abbey Taylor, Pay & HR Administration Team Leader, on 0121 704 6723.
Shortlisting will take place week commencing 18 January 2021.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 27 January 2021.
Please note that you may not hear anything regarding your application until Friday 22 January when the final shortlisting takes place.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification