35.0 Hours per Week
We are looking for a Store Operative/Driver to work in our busy Local Authority Stores.
Working as a member of a small friendly team you will be responsible for receiving and preparing janitorial and cleaning items to be delivered to schools and other Council locations across the Borough. You will also be required to deliver items to schools primarily based in the north of the borough. Hours of work will be 07:00 to 14:30, Monday to Friday
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A current and valid driving licence
- Experience of working in a warehouse, stores or retail environment
- An understanding of relevant health and safety procedures (full training will be offered)
- Effective communication skills, able to deal with customers by telephone, face to face and email.
- Organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage your workload to meet the need of the service
- Manual handling of loads upto 20kg will be required
In return we offer you the opportunity to work with a friendly, customer focussed team, where your contribution will be really valued as you play a key role in providing schools and other council departments with a variety of essential supplies.
Working for Solihull we also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year
- Generous annual leave entitlements with opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including subsidised travel passes, Cycle 2 Work Scheme and other staff discounts.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question regarding this post, please contact Katrina Wright, Manager LCD Stores, on 0121 788 1598.
Interviews will be held on-site, week commencing 25th January 2021. Social distancing and infection measures will be observed and shortlisted candidates will be advised accordingly.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job description and person specification