Caretaker – ref TV35520
Lane Head Nursery School – Short Heath Federation
“Every day, in every way, everyone matters”
Caretaker – ref TV35520
15 hrs a week, All Year Round (with occasional overtime)
Grade G5 £20,903 - £24,491 Pro-Rata to hours worked.
Actual Salary is from £8,817 - £9,929 per annum; £10.83 - £12.69 per hr, dependent upon experience and service record.
Start Date Feb 2021.
Hours: 7:00am – 9:00am and 5:00pm – 6:00pm Monday to Friday
We are looking to recruit a friendly, enthusiastic and highly committed School Caretaker who will ensure that our children learn in a safe, clean and healthy environment. The post is based at Lane Head Nursery School, but you may be required to work across the Federation. This is a great opportunity to be part of a great team of site staff, who work closely together and support each other.
- Be dedicated, hardworking and take pride in your work
- Be a team player who is friendly and professional, relating well to adults and children
- Want to be part of a whole school community
- Be able to work using your own initiative
- Have good DIY and premises skills and be able to carry out minor repairs and jobs well
- Be responsible, flexible and reliable with an understanding of health and safety requirements
- Be committed to making sure our school site is the best it can be for everyone
The post involves:
- Keeping the school clean, tidy, well lit, well maintained and heated
- Being a key holder for the three Federation schools
- Ensuring site security, including locking and unlocking premises
- Routine repair and maintenance tasks and moving equipment
- Very occasional out of hours work
We can offer you:
- A friendly, fun, supportive and hard working staff team
- A warm and welcoming school
- Guidance, support and training as needed
- A site manager and two other caretakers to work with
If you are a practical, outgoing person who likes to get stuck in and wants varied and interesting work then this is the place for you!
You need to fill in a Walsall Council application form. If you can see yourself being part of our team, you can download an application pack from our website - www.shortheathfederation.org.uk
We would love you to come and see what life is like here –telephone the school office on 01902 368940 to book a tour.
Closing date: 15th January 2021, Noon
Please return your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews to be held during week beginning 18th January 2021.
Short Heath Federation is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, keeping children safe in education and promoting British Values in school and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure check, along with relevant pre-employment checks, including two suitable professional references.Supporting documents
Short Heath Fed. Caretaker Job Description.pdf
Supporting Information-Caretaker January 2021.pdf
Caretaker_Application-Form TV35420_SHF_JAN 2021.doc