"Learning together to be the best that we can be."
Russells Hall is a two form entry, mainstream primary school with year groups from Reception to Year 6. It serves a diverse, multicultural community and was rate Good by Ofsted in October 2019.
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work with some amazing people in a diverse and inclusive community?
Have you the skills, aptitude and passion for education needed to lead us through the next stage of our journey?
The Governors of Russells Hall Primary School are looking to appoint an inspiring individual who will continue to build on the strong foundations already laid and who understands the importance of the school in our community.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
· through an inspirational and motivational leadership style, the ability to strategically plan and lead our school forward, especially in such unprecedented times;
· a passion for high quality teaching and learning;
· the capacity to relate to all pupils, and their parents, in order to motivate them to reach for success and achieve their full potential;
· an ability to gain the trust of a dedicated, hardworking staff, enabling them to develop their pedagogy and leadership at all levels;
· the desire to use proven research to enable the further development of a wider curriculum which gives a positive and enriching experience of education to all our pupils and reflects their diversity;
· good interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to, and engage with, all stakeholders;
· proven experience of managing a delegated budget;
· adaptability to the ever-changing educational landscape;
· the importance of a strong safeguarding culture across the school;
· the skill to network and build alliances across educational settings and in the wider community.
We will offer the successful candidate:
· a Rights Respecting School where children develop a love of learning, justice, curiosity and respect for each other and the natural world;
· a highly motivated, committed and friendly staff who work effectively as a team and have high expectations;
· a well cared for school with a strong business and admin team;
· a diverse, multicultural school community;
· a supportive Governing Board
Closing date: midnight on January 17th 2021
Shortlisting: January 28th 2021
Interviews: w/b February 22nd 2021
Please note that in order to safeguard all concerned, only shortlisted candidates will be offered a tour of the school. This is subject to change.A virtual tour is available by using the link: https://russells-hall-primary-school.primarysite.media/media/a-snapshot-of-life-at-our-school
Russells Hall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to the appropriate vetting; pre-employment checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be required. Two suitable references will be required.
You are required to ensure that you understand your own role and responsibilities to comply with legislation and the employer's policies. Any breaches of, or failure to comply with, Data Protection requirements, confidentiality or employers policies will be dealt with through the agreed Disciplinary Procedure.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents
Head Teacher Job Description
Head Teacher Specification