Role title: Performance Manager
Location: Stafford with flexibility (currently working remotely)
Salary: £37,890 - £41,881 (Grade 10)
Role type: Permanent with flexible working options
Are you curious and do you always ask why? Do you like to find meaning in data? If you’re excited by the possibilities of using data and intelligence to improve outcomes for children and families, we’d love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Head of Intelligence, Quality Assurance and Engagement as a Performance Manager you’ll coach and support a team of Data Analysts to use intelligence and data to influence and drive positive change. Across the council we’ve recently started to implement restorative practice, so you’ll support the team to develop intelligence led approaches to inform service delivery and improvements using these restorative principles.
To give you an idea of what you’ll be doing - you’ll be involved in:
- Workshops with senior leaders, team managers and practitioners coaching them to work restoratively with high challenge/high support principles
- Producing reports for lead members and the senior leadership teams
- Strategic and operational meetings to share findings and constructively challenge areas of potential weakness,
- Signing off statutory returns, contributing to the inspection framework and ensuring an outward focus on best practice to inform continuous improvement.
- Roll out of self-service reporting project through Power BI
The work you’ll do in this role will have a direct impact on the children and families in our communities so it’s important work that can change lives.
What do we need from you?
You’ll be experienced at leading or at least coaching and mentoring a team of Data Analysts, showing them how to take data and intelligence and really tell a story. You’ll have experience in statistical analysis and research, both qualitative and quantitative in the children’s services sector. And you’ll be experienced in change management and the adoption of new ways of working ensuring that you and your team continually improve.
In terms of location we work out of the office in Stafford, but we actively encourage the use of smart working, including working from home and other locations because we recognise our teams work better when they can achieve a suitable work /life balance.
Also, as an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and so we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment with us.
To apply just click ‘apply’ in this post!
The Closing date for applications is: 17/01/2021
Interview Date: week beginning 25/01/2021 and 26/1/2021
For more information about the role please contact: Lynsey Bissell- Head of Intelligence, Quality Assurance and Engagement. Lynsey.email@example.com or on: 07814772105
Benefits - what’s in it for you?
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We’ve created a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and a healthy work-life balance.
As a member of staff, you’ll have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- Extra holiday - The option to buy 2 more weeks of annual leave
- Flexible working option – flexi time, agile working, flexible retirement – ask us more
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development tailored to you
- Health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts