Cafe Assistant - Oakengates Town Council
Oakengates Town Council
Start date: To be confirmed
Salary:£9.50 per hour
20 Hours per week
Contract :Permanent Probation period: 6 months
Oakengates Town Council is looking for an experienced person to work as Café assistant in The Outpost. The venue also caters for events and has 2 large rooms for hire.
We need someone who can offer customers amazing standards of customer service and care, with a passion for serving the needs of Oakengates and the surrounding community.
• To create a welcoming atmosphere for customers and encourage their continued use of the café
• Giving advice, guidance and recommendations on products and menu selection to customers to ensure a positive experience
• Ensuring adequate stock levels of supplies and consumables for café area, managing orders and stock rotation
• Service of hot and cold beverages , cakes and other food items and take payments
• Keeping the areas tidy and clean including table clearing, removing dirties and waste.
• Handling customer complaints in the first instance and reporting feedback to the Hospitality Manager
• Working within established guidelines and operating procedures
• Assist in preparation of cafe and hireable spaces, during and at the end of service
• Ensuring compliance with all legislation, H&S and food hygiene.
• Occasional attendance at Team meetings
• In order to deliver the stated aims of this post, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties will fall within the scope of the job within the appropriate pay grade. The job description will therefore be subject to periodic review with the post holder to ensure it accurately reflects the duties that are being performed
• One Years Previous catering/Cafe experience is ESSENTIAL
• Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations and provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service
• A passion and a drive to serve the local community
• Need to be willing to learn, take instruction and work under own initiative, within a small team and be able to multitask
• Knowledge of till operation and cash handling and contactless transactions
• Work flexibly during agreed hours, including Saturdays and some evenings and be adaptable and swap duties often at very short notice
• Minimum Level 2 Food safety in catering (CPD certified) and have a good working knowledge of HACCP
• Barista trained and bar experience is preferable but not essential
• Able to use Office 365
Closing date 29th January 2021 5pm
Enquiries about the role can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be sent to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to supply feedback to non-shortlisted candidates. Please assume if you do not hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date you have not been successful. CVs will not be excepted.
Thank you for your interest in The Outpost.