Cook/Supervisor - Oakengates Town Council
Oakengates Town Council
Start date: To be confirmed
Salary: £22, 183 (NJC Scale) Fixed Salary
Contract: Permanent Probation: period: 6 months
Oakengates Town council is looking for an experienced person to assist and work closely with the Hospitality Manager in the running of the Café, kitchen, and hireable space.
We need someone with an enthusiastic personality and excellent customer service skills, with a passion for serving the needs of Oakengates and the surrounding community.
You will be competent and knowledgeable in the food industry with experience in all aspects of kitchen operations.
• To prepare and cook food in accordance with the menu’s specifications in a safe and hygienic manner
• To create a welcoming atmosphere for customers and encourage their continued use of the café
• To maintain a good standard of tidiness and hygiene throughout the café
• To support and direct colleagues in carrying out their duties
• To assist with ordering stock, stock control and liaising with suppliers.
• The ability to work with council officers when needed to ensure the events program is complemented with catering and hospitality when required.
• To open the café and cover for the Hospitality Manager as required in overseeing the café and catering for the hireable space
• To carry out record keeping and basic paperwork and hygiene records
• Occasional attendance at Team meetings
• In order to deliver the stated aims of this post, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties will fall within the scope of the job within the appropriate pay grade. The job description will therefore be subject to periodic review with the post holder to ensure it accurately reflects the duties that are being performed
• 3 Years Previous catering/kitchen experience is ESSENTIAL
• A passion and a drive to serve the local community
• An engaging and friendly personality who works supportively and flexibly within a small team
• The ability to communicate well with other staff to ensure the smooth running of the café
• Work flexibly during regular and agreed hours, including Saturdays and some evenings and be adaptable and swap duties often at very short notice
• Bar experience is essential
• Barista experience desirable not essential
• Be imaginative and creative in assisting the Hospitality Manager in initiating new ideas to develop the Café/Buffet menu
• Minimum Level 3 Food safety in catering (CPD certified) and have a good working knowledge HACCP
• Able to use Office 365
Closing date 29th January 2021 5pm
Enquiries about the role can be emailed to email@example.com
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to supply feedback to non-shortlisted candidates. Please assume if you do not hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date you have not been successful. CVs will not be excepted.
Thank you for your interest in The Outpost.