7 days left
Malvern Hills District Council is a small, progressive local authority, situated in one of the country's most attractive areas, offering excellent opportunities to grow and develop along with competitive benefits.
We are continually looking for ways to improve and develop our services, and we currently have a number of shared service arrangements with other district councils in the Worcestershire area. The legal services team provides legal advice and support across all council functions for both Malvern Hills District Council and Wychavon District Council in Pershore.
Up to £33,782 per annum
Depending Qualification and Experience
Up to 37 Hrs per week. Full and Part time working will be considered.
We have a vacancy within the shared legal services team and we are looking for an individual who can demonstrate that they are keen and highly motivated, with excellent initiative and a flexible approach. You must have good energy, and enthusiasm with a real desire to join the Council’s small but busy in-house legal shared service team and deal with a wide range of work.
The post will focus on assisting the Legal Services Manager and other senior members of the team in undertaking all legal work for both Malvern Hills District Council and Wychavon District Council but with particular emphasis on the following areas:- Information Management and in particular Data Protection, Town and Country Planning and Local Government Law and Practice.
The appointment will be made within the salary range depending upon qualifications and experience. Please see job description and person specification for further details.
This post is offered as a full time position however part time working, with a minimum of three days per week, will be considered.
This post will be based in Pershore, with travel to Malvern as required
- Two years relevant public sector experience
- Qualified Legal Executive or other suitable professional qualification
- Fully mobile with access to transport
- Flexible and adaptable approach with commitment to improving and developing the in-house legal service
Experience in dealing with at least one of the following areas of legal practice:
- Data Protection/General Data Protection Regulations
- Local Government Law and Procedure
- Local Authority licensing
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to express complex issues clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Good team player
- Sound judgement and good initiative
- Ability to think beyond the pure legal 'text' and find practical solutions to problems
- Good ICT skills
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Heather Peachey, Head of Legal Services on 01386 565475.
Closing date: Sunday 31 January 2021
Interviews: Thursday 11 February 2021Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification