Housing Options Advisor
Wychavon District Council is a great place to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working with us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see. Wychavon district is also ranked as second best rural place to live in the UK.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development, and discounted gym membership.
We share a Chief Executive/Managing Director and a joint management team with Malvern Hills District Council. Whilst they retain their own political structures and distinct identities, the joint management structure allows us to maximise the opportunity to deliver a wide range of good value services to our customers and communities, and operate and develop shared services and partnership arrangements with each other and with other councils.
Working in housing can be incredibly rewarding as you can make a real difference to peoples’ lives.
Housing Options Advisor
12 months Fixed Term Contract
£24,313 - £27,905 per annum pro rata to hours worked
This role will focus on the following areas:-
- Supporting customers with housing enquiries and options
- Assess housing needs and give professional housing advice.
- Process housing applications appropriately
- Support customers with housing solutions to meet needs
- Prevention or relief of homelessness
- Investigating cases where homelessness cannot be prevented or relieved
- Advising, investigating and determining on complex issues to all customers with a high focus on working with internal and external partners
To be considered for this role you will need:
- To be customer focused and dedicated to providing an excellent service
- Have previous experience of working in a similar role in a housing or customer service environment
- Be a team player
- Have good I.T. skills
- Be able to initiate creative solutions for service improvements
- To be able to prioritise a varied workload
- To be able to deal with difficult situations in a calm and caring manner
We are looking for motivated, experienced and flexible individuals with:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- A detailed knowledge of housing related legislation
- Excellent computer skills and good working knowledge of computer systems
For more information or an informal discussion about the role please contact Naomi Morris, Principal Housing Officer (Housing Options) Tel: 01386 565292 Email: email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 24 January 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 3 February 2021Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification