Project / Portfolio Support Officer
37.0 Hours per Week
Are you an experienced administrator with experience of supporting business change projects or programmes? Do you have an interest in project management?
Solihull Council are looking to recruit two Project Support Officers, who will play a crucial role in providing operational and administrative support to change projects and programmes. These roles will be based in the Adult Care and Support Directorate which has a wide ranging programme of transformation projects involving a large number of stakeholders.
As Project Support Officer you will:
- Work closely with programme and project managers across the Directorate to monitor projects and programmes, and support the delivery of project objectives to ensure they remain on track to deliver their objectives on time
- Assist with the identification of risks, issues, milestones and dependencies.
- Provide administrative support to the programme including creating, organising and managing documents and files.
- Act as a System administrator and key contact, supporting the set up and training of new users.
You will need:
- GCSE Maths & English Grade A*-C (4-9) or equivalent
- An intermediate level qualification in Microsoft Office or the ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge.
- Experience of supporting successful programmes and/or projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good ICT skills including experience of using Excel to a high level of competency.
In return, this is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of high profile projects for SMBC, with the potential to progress into a long term career within Programme and Portfolio management.
We can also offer employees an inclusive and supportive team environment, together with a range of flexible working options, attractive staff discounts and a career average pension scheme.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Emma Ivey, Transformation Programme Manager on 0121 705 8269 or Roger Catley, Governance Lead on 0121 704 8226.
Please note WMJobs.co.uk will have small windows of maintenance between 15th and 18th January 2021 which may result in some down time. Should you experience difficulties in submitting your application please try again at a later time. Applications will close at 11.59pm on 18th January 2021.
Interview Date: 25th/26th January 2021
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our interview process is kept under constant review and alternatives to face to face interviews such as video conferencing / virtual interviews may be required. The interview process for this role will be confirmed upon shortlisting based on the guidance at that time and shortlisted candidates will be informed and advised accordingly.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification