Social Workers - Safeguarding & Assessment Team
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell. As we move forward on our continual journey of improvement, there couldn’t be a better time to join us. We are looking to enhance our Safeguarding & Assessment Service with compassionate, dedicated, caring and experienced Social Workers, with at least 2 years post qualifying experience, who are committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell.
The Safeguarding and Assessment Teams manage all new referrals into the Trust. We work a 5-week duty rota and you will join one of our five teams in responding to the needs of children through s47 child protection investigations or through s17 child in need single assessments. Our work is varied and complex and we have an established relationship with our partner agencies to ensure children receive intervention from us that promotes positive change for families. We are a busy service and social work in our teams is challenging and rewarding, you will be part of a supportive service and we will provide the opportunities for you to grow and develop as a social worker.
Why work for Sandwell Children’s Trust?
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are proud to a be a progressive organisation where we all work as one for the safety, health, happiness and prosperity of our children and families and where we ensure this is also the case for our great employees.
At Sandwell Children’s Trust, Social Workers can flourish and achieve their full potential as we are continually striving to safely reduce caseloads and provide essential support to our Social Workers to ensure that they have the skills to make real positive changes to our children, young people and families.
Our 12 reasons sets us apart as Sandwell Children’s Trust is the place to grow your career and feel part of a great team. Please visit our 12 reasons via this hyperlink: https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
There are many benefits for working for us too:
- Access to our Learning & Development portal offering virtual training programmes, learning & development info bursts, learning events and much more.
- The latest technology enabling more effective and streamlined working.
- Detailed and effective appraisals to strengthen your practice.
- Great career progression opportunities.
- Access to a range of family friendly policies and flexible working arrangements.
Benefits & Rewards
- Up to £6,500 re-location package
- Generous annual leave of 30 days (rising to 35 days after 5 years’ service) and an additional 9 public holidays; plus, the opportunity to purchase up to 10 days of additional holiday through our salary sacrifice scheme.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, this is a nationwide career average scheme and is a valuable part of the reward package for employees.
- 24/7 access to free and confidential employee counselling service
- Access to Occupational Health services including 24/7 confidential employee counselling service, healthy heart, stress awareness and yoga sessions, physiotherapy self-referral, healthy eating advice and much more.
- Access to a range of discounts on products and services
- Refer a friend scheme that pays £1,000
- Wellbeing initiatives and forums
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle2work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Eye care vouchers
- Reimbursement of Social Work England registration
Sandwell sits in the heart of the West Midlands and has a diverse population of 327,378 people. While Sandwell is the 12th most deprived local authority in England, it is a community where our families have high aspirations and where we pride ourselves on equality of opportunity and our adaptability and resilience.
We have excellent and affordable transport links, quality housing at affordable prices and an abundance of entertainment, arts, culture and history right on the doorstep.
As a Social Worker working in the Trust you will:-
- Play a pivotal role in developing effective relationships with children and their families to identify their needs and agree plans with families to achieve change.
- Have a good knowledge of minimum standards and be able to achieve our expectation for promoting change in family life.
- Complete single assessments, undertake s47 investigations, use a range of direct work tools to evidence the child’s voice in your assessments and plans,
- You will be Social Work qualified with at least 2 years post qualifying experience.
- Previous experience of working in a children and families setting.
- Have a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- Have a good knowledge of child development.
How to apply
We believe in making life easier here at Sandwell Children’s Trust so there are no lengthy applications forms to complete, application is by way of CV and a 500-word supporting statement covering the following: -
- Key achievements
- Specialist Knowledge
- Overview of what you can bring to the role
Please email to Recruitment_childrenstrust@sandwell.gov.uk
If you would like to discuss this role further, please email Danielle Lane, Service Manager – Danielle_lane@sandwellchildrenstrust.org
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2021
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.Supporting documents
Band G Person Specification
Band F Job Description
My Employee Benefits
Band F Person Specification
Band G Job Description