Level 6 Occupational Therapy Apprentice
Level 6 Occupational Therapist Degree Apprenticeship
- Fixed term contract: 48 months
- Hours: 37 Hours per week
- Salary: Year 1 £17,644, Year 2 £18,505, Years 3 & 4 £20,188 (As of April 2020)
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapy (OT) Apprentice post within our Occupational Therapy Service in the City of Wolverhampton. This is an excellent position for someone who has an interest in Occupational Therapy and wishes to pursue a professional career in this specialism.
Additional Information on the OT Apprenticeship Programme:
This post leads to a Level 6 Integrated BSc (Hons) Degree in Occupational Therapy, approved by the Health and Care Professions Council and accredited by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
We anticipate that this apprenticeship will be a 4-year programme (dependant on the university). You will spend up to 1,000 hours in study or practice during this time. You will be taught one day per week at university, except during the full-time placements (one on average per year, each lasting 6-8 weeks). During academic modules there is also an expectation of independent study and work place learning of up to 20 hours per week. You will have a mentor assigned to you from within the OT team who will support your learning.
Further information on the apprenticeship can be found in the link below:
About the Team:
You will work between two well-established Occupational Therapy teams and a supportive multi-disciplinary work environment as part of your apprenticeship programme and will have facilitated study time at university.
The OT team delivers high quality, evidence-based assessment and intervention for children and adults with physical and sensory needs. We have developed innovative ways of working to deliver OT interventions to enable individuals to reach their potential.
Please note the qualification criteria for OT academic programme is set by the University for entry onto the Apprenticeship Occupational Therapist Degree course.
- GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C+/ 4 in an English-based subject & Maths
- 104 UCAS points (BCC) or equivalent
- IELTS level 7.0 with no element less than 6.5
- GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C+/ 4 in a science-based subject
- You can use the UCAS Tariff calculator to check qualifications and points.
- Also, please also have a look at the link below which goes into detail around UCAS points as there are such a variety of qualification which need to be checked - UCAS link: https://www.ucas.com/file/63536/download?token=sxmdfCS-
- Obtaining the post will be dependent on firstly successfully completing an interview process with the Council and then being accepted by the University to study for a BSc OT. Continuation in the post will also be dependent on remaining on and successfully completing the course.
- Your application should also include information on why you want to train as an Occupational Therapist and your understanding of the profession.
Interviews & Further Information
- Internal interviews will be held on: Wednesday 20th Jan 2021
- External interviews will be held on: Monday 25th & Wednesday 27th Jan 2021
Please note: Interviews may be conducted remotely using Microsoft Teams to comply with social distancing guidelines.
City of Wolverhampton Council are committed to representing Wolverhampton’s diverse community and therefore strongly encourage applications from all applicants meeting the essential criteria. The council operates a guaranteed interview policy for disabled candidates, those who have previously been under our care and are over the age of 25 and veterans who have served in the military, where it is evidenced that the essential criteria of the post are met.
Our application system is anonymous, this means recruitment interview panel members will not receive details of your name or date of birth unless you are invited to attend an interview. We are not able to hide personal information from any attachments that you upload so we request that you remove your name, date of birth and any personal information from any supporting documentation. The shortlisting panel will receive your candidate pack in full (including any attachments) showing your candidate number. If you are invited to attend an interview, panel members will be provided with your name.
Role Profile Occupational Therapist Apprentice.docx