Teacher - Victoria Community School
Part time Main Scale Early Years Teacher (Temporary until 31st August 2021) due to pupil numbers
MS1-MS6 £25,714 - £36,961 pa (pro rata)
The governors of Victoria Community School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Early Years Teacher to join its team from as soon as possible after 22nd February 2021 until 31st August 2021. The start date is negotiable with the successful candidate.
Victoria Community School is a two form entry school with two sites. This position is based at our Victoria Road site within one of two Reception classes and is for 19.5 hours a week, Monday to Wednesday.
The school is rated as a good school by Ofsted and our growing two form entry school is working hard to meet the needs of the local community. Our school currently serves a majority minority ethnic community which is unique within Staffordshire as a school where over 90% of our pupils speak English as an additional language.
Experience of teaching minority ethnic pupils and those who speak and English as an additional language (EAL) is not essential. What is important is a genuine interest and desire to learn in this unique area of education and share in the real challenges and rewards of raising the achievement of our pupils. As a school we can offer you:
• The support of an excellent team of colleagues including bilingual staff.
• An experienced and dedicated team of support staff.
• Established curriculum plans and schemes of work and agreed planning formats.
• A well-resourced curriculum including an ICT suite and interactive whiteboards.
• An attractive, caring and supportive learning environment.
• Access to professional development and a comprehensive programme of staff training including an induction programme with a personal mentor for every new member of staff.
• Experienced Special Needs staff who will be able to support and guide you in the development of activities for those who find learning more challenging.
• Pupils who are enthusiastic and well behaved.
• An active partnership with our parents and local community.
We welcome applications from all colleagues whether you are very experienced or newly/recently qualified.
Interviews are planned for Friday 22nd January 2021.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
All completed application forms should be returned to the school by 9am on Monday 18th January 2021 by e mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).