School Caretaker- ref TV36320
5 days left
Greenfield Primary School
Coalheath Lane, Shelfield, Walsall WS4 1PL
SCHOOL CARETAKER ref TV36320
Salary: G5 £20,903 - £24,491 (Point scale 9 – 17) per annum
37 hours per week, 52 weeks a year, with holidays to be taken in school holiday time.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days plus bank holidays
Hours: 6:30am – 10:30am (10am Fridays) and 2:30pm – 6:00pm approximately.
The need to be flexible is important.
Greenfield Primary School are looking to appoint a flexible, hard-working, enthusiastic, reliable, honest and committed Caretaker who will ensure that our children learn in a safe, clean and healthy environment. You will be an important member of our school team and have a positive approach to this key role. You will be working a split shift every day, working a morning shift and an afternoon shift.
- Be dedicated, hardworking and take pride in your high standard of work
- Be a team player who is friendly and professional, relating well to adults and children
- Be responsible, flexible and reliable with a good understanding of health and safety requirements
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to work on your own initiative
- Be prepared to undertake a range of varied activities.
The post will involve:
- Keeping the school clean and tidy, well lit and heated
- Site security including locking and unlocking premises
- Routine repair and maintenance tasks and porterage duties
- Liaison with contractors and ordering cleaning/domestic materials
- Being the primary key holder for the site
- Possible working hour variation for some unsociable hours
- Supervision of cleaning staff
The school will:
- Provide supportive line management
- Provide induction and ongoing vocational training
- Provide administrative support
- Provide a varied and challenging work context
If you are a practical outgoing person and want varied and interesting work then we look forward to hearing from you! Visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
Please contact Lynn Rangeley, Office Manager, to make an appointment, or for further details. TEL: 01922 682234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFEGUARDING NOTICE: The post holder will have to provide two verified references and a completed enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.
Previous candidates need not apply.
Closing Date for applications is Noon on Thursday 21st January 2021.