Team Manager – Family Safeguarding - Ref: CH24720
6 days left
Team Manager – Family Safeguarding - Ref: CH24720
G12 – £45,406- £50,808 per annum
Team Managers in the Family Safeguarding Teams receive a retention payment on reaching 2 years in post.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced qualified social work practitioner to join Walsall the Family Safeguarding Service as a Team Manager.
We are looking for candidates who are committed, enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate about improving outcomes for children and young people in Walsall. Candidates must be social work qualified, have significant social work experience and experience in supporting and/or supervising Social Workers or students. Experience in managing complex child protection is essential, a very good understanding of the ‘Right Help Right Time: continuum of need’ and experience of working collaboratively with partners would also be beneficial.
Walsall Children’s Social Care has recently launched the Family Safeguarding Model with support from the ‘Strengthening Families, Protecting Children Programme’ and investment from the Department for Education. This has involved creating Family Safeguarding Teams that include Social Workers, and Specialist Practitioners to support parents experiencing domestic abuse, mental health problems or drug and alcohol misuse. In addition, we offer a tailored programme of support and intervention, with all work being centred on Motivational Interviewing skills and more effective case recording through the workbook. All staff will receive training in the model and support in its implementation. We are now 2 months since going live, and so there is still time to join us at the start of our journey.
What do we offer you?
These are exciting times for Walsall Children’s Services. We are committed to achieving the best outcomes for children and families, and doing this through creating the conditions where great social work practice can flourish.
Our ‘Walsall Right 4 Children’ transformation programme is based on understanding the needs of children, families and communities in Walsall, and embedding a restorative, relationship-based approach to all of our work. As part of this programme we have adopted a locality model of working, and introduced the Family Safeguarding model. We have also developed other specialist support services for adolescent children and their families, for families before a child is born, and are a part of the Black County Family Drug and Alcohol Court (FDAC) with two other local authorities. These changes are a part of an ambitious programme to create a service that looks to protect children by working with families and meeting needs wherever possible.
We invest in our Social Work practitioners, and are committed to creating an environment where you feel safe and supported, and can grow and develop. To do this we offer:
- All staff receive training in Restorative Practice and Motivational Interviewing as part of our practice framework.
- Team Managers will benefit from a Management Programme and Induction to support your development.
- Our Social Work Academy offers a range of training and practice development opportunities for all staff. This includes opportunities to complete Practice Educator Level 1 and 2 awards.
- We are introducing an established career progression pathway and development programme for Social Workers, supported by an individual, tailored approach to staff development from our Annual Performance Conversation programme that reflects your own interests and priorities
- Opportunities to move between service areas to gain a range of experience
- Access to a direct work toolkit and a range of direct work resources
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for all staff – we aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities we serve
- We offer a relocation package of up to 25% of starting Salary (conditions apply).
- There is an annual leave entitlement of a minimum 27 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- We are committed to a staff wellbeing programme and undertake an annual Health Check to hear your views as well as regular consultation and celebration events.
- A programme of activity is being undertaken across 2021 to reduce bureaucracy, improve recording and ICT systems, and prioritise time with children and families.
We are proud to be aiming high, and focusing on doing the things right to achieve the right outcomes for children, families and communities in Walsall. We hope that you will join us on this journey.
Please note that we want our staff and management teams to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, and welcome and will invest in the development of applicants who are Black, Asian or from minority ethnic groups.
For further information please contact Jade Read Group Manager at Jade.Read@walsall.gov.uk
Walsall Council takes seriously the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all the children and young people entrusted to our care and it is our expectation that all staff will share this commitment. Completion of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement for working with children and young people.
Note: Applicants appointed to posts that require an enhanced DBS clearance must declare any periods of time that they have lived, studied or worked abroad and be prepared to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Certificate (OCRC) or a Statement of Good Conduct (SOGC) relating to anytime they were overseas.
The post holder must have a social work qualification or equivalent and must be registered with Social Work England.
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The postholder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.
Closing Date: 24th January 2021
View Information for Applicants
Please note that the ‘Apply’ link will open a new website (Taleo Careers), for which you will need create an account to enable you to apply.