Estates & Facilities Co-ordinator
3 days left
Washwood Heath Academy, Burney Lane, Birmingham, B8 2AS
Telephone Number: 0121 803 2914
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: ASAP
Are you ambitious and want to make a difference for young people?
Are thoroughness, accuracy, consistency and simplicity your watchwords?
Does excellence and enjoyment underpin your work?
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Yes? Then join us on our exciting journey
Washwood Heath Multi-Academy Trust (WHMAT) is a successful family of seven schools, all close together in east Birmingham. Our Estates and Facilities function centralised in September 2019 requires an Estates and Facilities Co-ordinator to work within our existing team.
We are looking for an ambitious and hard-working person to support the team and help ensure that our sites and facilities are of high quality and to support our strategic objectives.
Ideal candidates will have experience of:
• Working in a general office environment and being a team player;
• The use of Database applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Teams packages;
• Working under pressure and to deadlines;
• Data Protection legislation.
More detailed requirements for the role are shown in the job description and person specification.
We will offer you:
• A happy and caring culture linked to our well-being model;
• A supportive and friendly Estates Team, Chief Executive and Leadership team;
• Opportunities for your own continued professional development, both internally and through collaborative working across WHMAT;
• Access to a generous pension scheme (LGPS);
• Free on-site parking;
• Generous terms and conditions such as annual leave and sick pay.
Successful candidates will be based at our core office at the site of Washwood Heath Academy but will need to be mobile to visit other academies.
At WHMAT, where a post is advertised as full time, we are “happy to talk flexible working”.
Informal visits/contact are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mr David Mabey, Estates Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07734694169 to arrange this.
To support in the delivery of a high-quality service provision to meet the needs of our young people and all users of our facilities.
What we are looking for in our ideal Estates and Facilities Co-ordinator:
- Strong organisational skills
- A commitment to personal development
- Has excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Has the confidence to advise senior members of the team
- Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Power Point Presentations
- Works on own initiative and as part of a team
- A commitment to the good of the students and the success of the Multi Academy Trust in fulfilling its aims, vision and values.
To support the Estates and Facilities Director and the team in discharging their duties in order to achieve and maintain
an excellent teaching and learning environment and meet the team’s key performance indicators.
To be responsible to the Director of Estates and Facilities.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 18/01/2021, 9.00 am
Applicant Packs are available on the E-Teach website or by emailing: email@example.com
Shortlisting: Week commencing 18th January 2021
Interviews and assessments: Week commencing 25th January 2021
Completed application forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.