Public Health Practitioner - Public Protection
37.0 Hours per Week
We have a unique opportunity for a Public Health Practitioner to join our team with a focus on Health Protection.
Initially the Public Health Practitioner will join our COVID-19 response team; working to identify, prevent and contain outbreaks of COVID-19 in workplaces, communities, care homes and schools as well as supporting our local communities and the people who live there.
Longer term, this role will form part of the multi-disciplinary team providing the day-to-day health protection function, including the management of infectious disease.
You will ideally have experience of Public Health (or suitable transferable experience) and be:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Experienced in programme co-ordination and/or complex project management with evidence of successful delivery
- Experienced of working wide range of customers, partners and stakeholders at a senior level
- Confident in analysing, understanding, interpreting and presenting complex information and data.
In return, this is an excellent opportunity to be involved in a critical health protection initiative during the COVID-19 pandemic, and help shape our future responses to community outbreaks.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlements with opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including subsidised travel passes, Cycle 2 Work Scheme and a staff discount card.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Rob Davies, Consultant in Public Health on 0121 704 6637.
Interview Date: w/c 8th February 2021
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our interview process is kept under constant review and alternatives to face to face interviews such as video conferencing / virtual interviews may be required. The interview process for this role will be confirmed upon shortlisting based on the guidance at that time and shortlisted candidates will be informed and advised accordingly.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Not Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specficaton