Playworker - Langdale Primary School
- Temporary, no fixed end date and with a view to becoming permanent.
- 30 hours per week.
- Grade 2, SCP 2 - 3, starting salary £18,198 to £18,562, (Full Time Equivalent), £9.43 per hour, Term time only £9.43 per hour. Term Time only.
To work at:
Langdale Tadpole Facility
Langdale Primary School
Staffs ST5 3QE
Tel 01782 948000
To start as soon as possible.
About the Role:
At Langdale Primary, we are striving ahead with an exciting new venture, to offer our families and community, a ‘2-year-old’ provision. We have the exciting vacancy of a Playworker, working with our 2 and 3-year-old children in our Tadpole setting. Tadpoles is located within the School grounds and works closely with the Nursery Teacher, to provide high quality childcare and learning opportunities, using the EYFS Framework.
We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking person to join our fabulous team however unfortunately we are unable to invite you to look around in view of current Covid restrictions.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Safeguarding children is your priority.
- Ensuring every individual child’s needs are met.
- Creating strong relationships with parents and keeping them updated on their child’s day and development.
- Take pride in the delivery of exciting and age appropriate activities.
- Adhere to our policies.
- Help create a setting that is clean and welcoming.
- When requested, ensure that children’s observations are detailed and reflective.
- Encourage and praise children’s development and achievements.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience working and caring for children under 5 (desirable).
- Level 2 (minimum) or higher in Childcare Learning and Development.
- A passion to deliver high quality childcare and exciting learning opportunities.
- Safeguarding knowledge and practice.
You will be required to promote and safeguard the welfare of the children you are responsible for or come into contact with.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk
Application packs are available for immediate download comprising job description & person specification, application form & recruitment monitoring form. Please return application forms by email to email@example.com or by post to the above address.
Closing Date : 20th January 2021
Shortlisting : 21st January 2021
Interview : 22nd January 2021 ( successful candidates will be notified of the time )