Specialist Support Welfare Rights Officer
Welfare Rights Service - Specialist Support Team
Welfare Rights Officer (12 Months Funded Post) Job Ref: WLV000003289
Grade 6 LPP 22 - £29,577 to LPP 27 £33,782 (37 hours pro-rata)
We are seeking a Welfare Rights Officer to work within our Specialist Support Team. This team provides high quality advice, consultancy and training to local groups and organisations surrounding benefits entitlements and welfare reform designed to enable them to assist claimants living within Wolverhampton establish their benefit rights.
The post holder will:
▪ undertake outreach work with local groups and organisations, building on already established links providing a specialist benefits advice and representation resource
▪ provide technical support to local groups and organisations responding to benefit and welfare reform queries by phone and email
▪ take benefit casework referrals (particularly in unusual and complex cases) from local groups and organisations
▪ where necessary provide representation at the First-tier Tribunal and/or Upper Tribunal
▪ be expected to deliver appropriate presentations on benefit rights and welfare reform to local groups and organisations as required
▪ maintain enquiry, casework and benefit gain records for reporting purposes.
You must be committed to the benefit rights of claimants and be motivated to helping people living within Wolverhampton, in particular the most vulnerable and disadvantaged to maximise their benefit entitlements. You must have recent experience of high-quality advice in Social Security law and practice, and experience of the benefits claiming process. You must have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
For more information about the requirements of the post only, please contact Kerry Ward on 07919 626142 or email kerry.ward@Wolverhampton.gov.uk
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 17th January 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: Thursday 28th January 2021
As you will be aware, due to COVID-19 we may be unable to meet with you in person. If this is the case, arrangements will be made to undertake the interview process virtually through Microsoft Teams. Further details will be sent out to shortlisted candidates after the closing date has passed.
All applicants should note that this post will require an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Apply www.wmjobs.co.uk/wolverhamptoncc online only. Applications must be made on the appropriate form. A Curriculum Vitae will not be accepted. For any problems with the application process please contact Human Resources on (01902) 552345.
CFSJD WRO 10.7.2018.pdf
CFSPS WRO 10.7.2018.pdf