Senior Administrator – Business Support
Grade 5 - £19,698 - £20,903
Base: SP1, Tipping Street, Stafford
An opportunity has arisen within the Adult Social Care and Safeguarding Business Support Team
The role will be part of the Adult Social Care Business Support Team, who are responsible for providing business support to adult social care operational teams and for providing the appointeeship function across adult social care along with administrative support to First Contact.
Please see https://www.intra.staffordshire.gov.uk/services/Health-and-Care/people/Adult-Social-Care-Commissioning/Adult-Social-Care-Commissioning.aspx for further information about the team.
The role will report directly to an ASC Business Support Officer and will;
- have a priority role supporting the appointeeship support function for Adult Social Care and Health social work teams across the County.
- have responsibility for maintaining and advising on data quality issues, performance, scanning and saving key documents to a client record using Care Director and will be able to run advanced finds and provide valuable insight and reports into performance and data quality.
- undertake a range of Customer Care duties. This will include filtering telephone calls, answering questions from members of the public and other agencies on the services of the team and the wider service.
- will ensure the service is robust in key deliverables around supporting the payment of invoices and ensuring the reputation and the sustainability of financial management for the team can be achieved.
- support Adult Safeguarding investigations when required.
To be successful in the role it is important that you have worked in a very busy office environment and can work well under pressure. You will make full use of the Department’s IT facilities including accurately maintaining, monitoring and analysing data. You should be self-motivated, flexible with excellent time management skills. You will also be required to work from other offices when required.
The role will be based in Stafford and support the County, whilst there may be requirements to work from other offices when required, it is anticipated that part of the role can be completed through the use of virtual working.
Closing Date: 22 January 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed
For further information or a general discussion about the role please speak to:
Louise Kelsall (email@example.com) (Adult Social Care Business Support Business Manager) 01785 356832/07794 081939 or Microsoft Teams
or Debbie Clayton Smythe (firstname.lastname@example.org) 01785 895667 Adult Social Care Business Support Officer
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts