Deputy Schools Finance Team Manager
37.0 Hours per Week
We are looking for someone with excellent technical accounting skills and great interpersonal and communication skills to be one of two Deputy Managers of our busy Schools Finance team.
The team provides a traded service to support schools with all their financial matters.
As Deputy Manager you will take a lead role in respect of LA maintained schools, ensuring that all corporate financial requirements are delivered throughout the financial cycle as well as ensuring that budget setting, forecasting, final accounts and government returns meet a consistent minimum standard. You will also have individual responsibility for a portfolio of schools, directly supporting those schools with their financial matters. This portfolio is likely to include some Academy schools.
This is a key role that will support the Team Manager with service delivery and development, and analysis and financial evaluation of Directorate proposals and projects.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Experience of working in a professional finance environment, including preparing budgets and monitoring, forecasting, analysing and reconciling complex data
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English Language A-C or 4-9 (or equivalent Level 2 or above qualification)
- Full membership of MAAT
- Effective financial management and accounting skills
- Customer focussed and have experience of fostering good working relationships to deliver tangible outcomes
- Organisation skills, able to prioritise and manage competing demands and challenging deadlines
- A proactive approach to problem solving, able to progress and resolve issues in collaboration with others
In return this role offers you lots of variety, where arguably there is never a dull moment. It can be challenging but ultimately hugely rewarding. Working for Solihull means that we can also offer employees a great working environment, together with a range of agile and flexible working options, an extensive wellbeing offer, as well as attractive staff discounts and benefits including a career average pension scheme.
Whilst this post is offered on a full time basis, there may be some flexibility around hours to be worked.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question regarding this post, please contact Linda Sheridan (tel. 0121 704 6617 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interviews and assessment will take place week commencing 8 February 2021 using a secure video conferencing platform.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job description and person specification