Temporary Teacher of GCSE and A Level Psychology - Sir Graham Balfour School
6 days left
Temporary Teacher of GCSE and A Level Psychology
Part time (0.7 fte) temporary post to cover maternity leave
Sir Graham Balfour Main Scale £25,714 - £36,961
Required from approx. 19th April 2021 to approx. end April 2022
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic teacher of GCSE and A Level Psychology to join our school to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed. This post would suit any well-qualified and ambitious teacher of Psychology. We teach the AQA specifications for both GCSE and A Level and would ensure a hand-over period with our Psychology teacher.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, highly committed, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever-growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first-rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form, alongside a letter of not more than two sides of A4, outlining why you applied for this post and what you would bring to our school if appointed.
- Two references will be required, which, for currently employed staff, must be from your most recent employers.
- We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Due to the Coronavirus epidemic we are all living through, school is closed to all but a few staff and Key Worker children and therefore we are unable to offer visits to our school, but we would be pleased to answer any questions by email. Please address any such queries to email@example.com and we will be sure to answer them.
The closing date for applications is: 1.30pm on Friday 22nd January 2021. Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting for this post will take place on the same day and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on Monday 25th January 2021. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
NB: Interviews will take place at school, socially distanced, and any decision would be based on the receipt of satisfactory references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer.