Social Worker - Children with Disabilities
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell. As we move forward on our continual journey of improvement, there couldn’t be a better time to join us. We are looking to enhance our Children with Disabilities Service with compassionate, dedicated, caring and experienced Social Workers who are committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell.
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are proud to a be a progressive organisation where we all work as one for the safety, health, happiness and prosperity of our children and families and where we ensure this is also the case for our great employees. Social Workers can flourish and achieve their full potential as we are continually striving to safely reduce caseloads and provide essential support to our Social Workers to ensure that they have the skills to make real positive changes to our children, young people and families.
Our 12 reasons sets us apart as Sandwell Children’s Trust is the place to grow your career and feel part of a great team. Please visit our 12 reasons via this hyperlink: https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
There are many benefits for working for us too:
- Access to our Learning & Development portal
- The latest technology
- Detailed and effective appraisals
- Great career progression opportunities.
- Access to a range of family friendly policies and flexible working arrangements.
Benefits & Rewards
- £2,500 market supplement
- Up to £6,500 re-location package
- Generous annual leave of 30 days
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 24/7 access to free, confidential employee counselling service
- Occupational Health services
- Car lease scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Reimbursement of Social Work England registration fee
- And more!
- Promote anti-oppressive practice and challenge discrimination and racism in all areas of social work.
- Undertake a range of assessments with children with disabilities, young people and their families/carers.
- Empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views.
- Plan the services required to meet the needs of children, young people and their families/carers and ensure action is taken to implement plans.
- Advocate for children with disabilities and obtain maximum benefits, services and support.
- Make best use of available resources when responding to the needs of children, young people and their families/carers.
- Provide written reports, in a variety of different formats as required.
- Carry out tasks to fulfil the statutory legislative and other requirements for children, young people receiving services.
- Social Work qualified
- SW England registration
- Experience of working within children and family services
- Sound knowledge of legislation, guidance etc, within chosen service area
- Ability to prioritise, analyse information and make informed decisions
- Ability to work under pressure and balance conflicting demands
- Enhanced DBS check
- Applicants must have completed their ASYE year
How to apply
We believe in making life easier here at Sandwell Children’s Trust so there are no lengthy applications forms to complete, application is by way of CV and a 500-word supporting statement covering the following: -
- Key achievements
- Specialist Knowledge
- Overview of what you can bring to the role
Please email to Recruitment_childrenstrust@sandwell.gov.uk
Rewards and Benefits
Person Specification Band F
Person Specification Band G
Job Description Band G
Job Description Band F