Clerk to Governors, Witton Middle School
The Governing Body of Witton Middle School is looking to recruit an experienced Clerk to the Governors. The Clerk will be accountable to the Governing Body but will work closely with the Headteacher. Duties will include:
- Creating and distributing agendas and supporting documentation for full governor and committee meetings (approximately 16 meetings a year)
- attending all meetings, held virtually at the moment (primarily Thursdays at 6pm) and producing accurate minutes in a timely manner
- providing procedural advice and guidance.
The successful candidate will:
- Have robust ICT skills (use of sharepoint, virtual meetings, office 365, word processing)
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Have strong and effective communication skills including the use of email
- Have experience of minute taking
- Be organised.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS will be required for this position.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
This post requires a Children’s Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
Application forms and further details are available from the school office. If you wish to receive an application pack please contact the school office on: 01905 773362 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can download an application form below.
Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox incase any correspondence has been delivered there.
Hours: 2.88 (150 hours over a year)
Grade: Range 3 (Scale 4) £11.92 - £12.91 an hour
Location: Initially working remotely from home
Closing Date: Monday 25 January 2021 @ 9.00am
Interviews will be held on Thursday 4 February 2021
For further details, please visit our website at www.witton.worcs.sch.uk