CARETAKER POSITION - ref TV36820
2 days left
New Invention Infant School
Cannock Road, Willenhall, Walsall, West Midlands, WV12 5SA
Telephone: 01922 710871 E-mail: email@example.com
CARETAKER POSITION- ref TV36820
A part-time role minimum 30 hours per week for 52 weeks including training days
Grade G5 – Scale points 9 £16,495.14 – 17 £19,326.49 Actual Salary
To begin as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person who would like to provide a key role in maintaining our school site, to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community.
- Lock and unlock the school and carry out security checks on the building
- Carry out and record basic checks and help maintain Health and Safety records
- Supporting the maintenance of property and grounds including liaising with contractors
- Monitor site stock and order supplies
- Experience of DIY and ability to carry out minor repairs, general maintenance and decorating competently
- Willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety
- Undertake cleaning duties whilst managing the team of school cleaners
Traning will be provided. The successful candidate will be required to act as a key holder.
The post comprises a minimum of 30 hours per week (at busy periods of the year extra hours may be offered), operating a working pattern of Monday to Friday 7.00am to 9.30am and 3.00pm to 6.30pm
Annual leave allowance variable – If the successful candidate has no local government service 25 days leave is granted, if 5 years continuous service in any local government service then 30 days. All annual leave to be taken in school holidays.
Applications available digitally via link attached to this advert or alternatively from the school office-
** Previous candidates need not apply **
Closing date for applications: Monday 18th January 2021 at 4.30pm.
Proposed interview date: Wednesday 20th January 2021.
Our school operates a safeguarding policy that promotes welfare for all children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Caretaker Generic G5 Job description and Person Specification.pdf