Service Development Officer
Service Development Officer- Children Services
Grade 6 / LPP 17 - 22 ( £29,577 - £33,782 )
1 Full time position
Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2022
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and dedicated service development officer to support with #YES (Youth Engagement Strategy) and HeadStart, which is part of Wolverhampton Children Services. Both areas seek to improve the lives of children, young people and families by working together on issues and coproducing solutions.
The post holder will
· Support Senior Managers in the development of key strategies.
· Support Senior Managers in developing priorities for defined areas based on robust qualitative and quantitative intelligence.
· Support Senior Managers in researching and understanding current best practice and research to underpin approaches.
· Provide evidence on local and national trends to support an effective approach to commissioning/de-commissioning and proactive service responses.
Key areas of work include; overseeing the workforce development offer, supporting the team with the #YES action plan priorities with a focus on peer mentoring and overseeing the citywide parenting offer.
The successful candidate will be organised and able to communicate to a range of stake holders. You must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Be emotionally resilient.
· A good understanding of early help assessments and whole family working
· A good understanding of the school environment
· Be able to work within a multi-agency environment.
· Confident in delivering training.
Please note this post is subject to a DBS check.
Closing date: 26 February 2021
For more information please contact Kush Patel, Childrens Innovation Lead on 01902 550354
Job Description and Person Specification