4 days left
Hours per week: 36.50 - Banked hours
Contract Type: Permanent
City of Birmingham School - Minerva Centre, Thornthwaite Close, Birmingham, B45 0DS
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: 0121 303 0272
Job Start Date: 22/02/21
We are looking for a motivated, well-organised and confident person to be responsible for school examinations. The work completed by the exams office is fundamental to ensuring candidates have a positive exams experience and achieve results that reflect their effort and abilities. You will have relevant experience in an educational setting and be comfortable liaising with colleagues and students. You will have a high attention to detail and be able to
remain calm under pressure, often working to tight deadlines.
Other requirements (not an exhaustive list)
• Good working knowledge and understanding of IT and ability to use school-based IT systems i.e. Progresso, Microsoft Word etc
• Have a solution focussed approach to any issues or problems that may arise
• Adapt to meet the needs of the school.
• Working collaboratively within a team.
• Willingness to work flexibly to meet the requirements of the post in particular during peak times (to be available when results are released – usually two days at end of August)
• Ability to travel to different locations on a daily basis at short notice.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to work on own initiative without direct supervision and arrange his/her own agenda of work;
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills,
• To have full responsibility for the organisation and supervision of the school as an examination centre, ensuring adequate security and the adherence to appropriate examination board regulations and routines
• Coordinate the preparation and submission of entries to examination bodies
• To manage correspondence with curriculum areas, examination boards and parents/carers regarding fees and entries
• To liaise with the Heads of Centre, Deputy Head Teacher and Curriculum Leaders with regard to examination as they relate to the school curriculum
• To be responsible for the receiving, dispatch and security of examination papers and support materials;
• To be responsible for arranging the annual training all examination invigilators;
• Liaise with Site Manager regarding setting up for exams
• To undertake any clerical and general office duties, including filing, photocopying, minute taking, ordering supplies, answering telephones and other administrative support to assist in the efficient operation of the school.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 29/01/2021, 12 noon
Application packs are available from: CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk quoting ref: ES2158 or can be downloaded here
Completed applications should be returned to: CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer