Family Support Worker
Family Support Worker
Hours: 14.8 Per Week with potential for more hours in future
Salary: HC6 (Part Time Salary Calculation:- £21,748 x 14.8 / 37) £8,699 Pro Rata (Part Time Salary Calculation:- £25,481 x 14.8 / 37) - £10,192 Pro Rata
Passionate about giving children and young people a great start in life?
Our priority in Herefordshire is to keep children safe and give them a great start in life. It’s the priority for the council, our partners and for all of us who work in Children’s Wellbeing.
How do we do this? By having dynamic, dedicated, passionate and professional staff who work in a culture that focuses on what we can achieve with children, what they can achieve themselves, and the relationship we build with families and partners to enable this. We have invested heavily in training and developing staff in our single practice approach which is Signs of Safety and it's is an exciting time to join Herefordshire – we believe in investing in you so you can be the best you can be!
Herefordshire has a really strong team ethos. Our teams are passionate about the work they do and the positive difference they and the teams they are in make to people’s lives. This is all underpinned by the focus and support from their managers and the council as a whole.
Come to Herefordshire and join the journey.
Herefordshire Social Care Teams are looking for a number of Family Support Workers to support the Social Workers in the teams with tasks that will include:
• Supporting teenage foster placement and liaising with partner agencies
• Accompanying social workers on visits to children and families
• Compiling case chronologies from information held on the recording system
• Inputting data in to the recording system
• Undertaking direct work with fostering families as identified by the team managers
• Offering support around therapeutic parenting approaches and attachment
• Work to include coordination and participation in support groups and training to support carers
• Also I am happy to accept expression of interest forms, internal and external advert pls
Applicants must have good communication skills, be able to work as part of a busy team and be a child centred practitioner.
To find out more about working in children’s services, please visit www.herefordshire.gov.uk/workwithchildren
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
Holidays: 25 days per year plus 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
Pension: LGS pension scheme
Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must apply online for this vacancy, We do not accept emailed CV’S. Your application should include a CV and an accompanying statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 showing how your experience meets the person specification.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com