Neighbourhood Partnerships Officer
This position is on a fixed term contract basis until 31 March 2022.
You will be expected to:
- Lead officer for the development of community led projects aligned to Town Priorities
- A key role in partnerships and engagement activity
- Building sustainable relationships with communities, developing partnerships and strengthening community and voluntary sector
- Work with communities, voluntary sector and elected members to identify, shape and deliver service models
Below are some essential requirements for the role:
- To assist with identifying opportunities to work with local communities and potential projects, partners and volunteers.
- To assist with the delivery of projects that support Neighbourhood management, Community Partnership priorities and Sandwell 2030 vision.
- To work with local voluntary sector organisation co-producing projects to support local identified needs.
- Proactively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders and deliver community-based projects supporting Town priorities and neighbourhood management.
- Build strong, effective and sustainable relationships with communities and partner organisations with a shared purpose for building community infrastructure
- To plan and implement creative and innovative solutions to a wide range of challenges to developing local neighbourhood solutions
The post holder needs to have experience of working with communities and local voluntary organisations within a multi-cultural setting, understand asset-based community development and co-production practices.
It is a requirement of the role to be educated to degree level or qualification by a recognised and accredited body in youth and/or community work, or relevant experience and to hold 2 years’ experience in community development work or a related field including neighbourhood management.
For an informal discussion, please contact Marcia Sandel-Massey on 07971 173 222 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
Closing date: 2 February 2021
Planned interview date: W/C 15 February 2021
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.comSupporting documents
Information for Applicants