Teaching Assistant Grade 1 (+ SEN)
7 hours per week over 3 part days
Temporary until 31st August 2021
The Governors and staff of our popular Catholic School in Droitwich are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified Teaching Assistant to work as a 1:1 support for a child with additional needs. The role will be part time: 7 hours currently worked on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings and Thursday afternoons
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of supporting children within the primary age range/school setting
- Have experience/interest in working with children with specific and/or complex needs
- Have high expectations for our children’s progress and overall achievement
- Take an imaginative and creative approach to curriculum learning that captures the children’s interest
- Be flexible, forward thinking, innovative and highly energetic
- Has an understanding of how children learn, including social/emotional development.
- Have a passion for quality teaching and learning, enabling the best outcomes for our children.
- Be able to work well as part of our whole school team and school community
- Support our Catholic school ethos
We can offer you:
- Small class sizes in a beautiful setting
- The opportunity to work alongside a dedicated, friendly and committed team of staff
- Children who are enthusiastic and eager to learn
- A supportive school community of staff, parents and Governors
- A commitment to your professional development
Our school is a committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to and enhanced DBS check.
Please contact the school office for an application pack firstname.lastname@example.org or 01905 773572. Application forms and further details are available on the schools website
Visits are currently unavailable due to lockdown restrictions. Please visit the school website for more information about the school.
St Joseph’s RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check prior to taking the position
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 27 January 2021.
Interviews will take place electronically on Friday 29 January 2021