KS2 PPA cover teacher
2.5 days per week over 3 days
The Governors of Bredon Hancock’s Endowed First School, Church Street, Bredon, Tewkesbury, Glos. GL20 7LA wish to temporarily appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic, creative and committed KS2 PPA cover teacher (0.5FTE) to join our “Outstanding” Church of England first school. This is to cover a maternity leave from 22nd February 2021.
We are a very successful and popular school and our whole school community is committed to excellence. The children are enthusiastic, staff and governors are dedicated and parents are supportive.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner, with high expectations for achievement and behaviour and a proven track record of this.
- Has Key Stage 2 teaching experience and is skilled at providing an outstanding learning environment that meets the needs of all groups and individuals in the class.
- Has excellent communication skills and experience of forming very positive relationships with other staff, working collaboratively, to ensure consistency of approach and provision.
- Is able to think creatively and innovatively both in terms of teaching opportunities and curriculum development, inspiring our children to “Dream, believe, work, achieve”.
- Is a real team player, learning from and contributing positively to the whole school community.
- Upholds the Christian values of our church school, understanding the significance that these play in the everyday life of our school.
- Is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Currently the subjects taught as PPA lessons include French, PE, RE, PSHE and Music. Interest/expertise in these areas would be advantageous but not be essential. Additional expertise as a Forest School leader and/or experience in a subject leadership role would also be very welcome.
In addition there may be opportunities for supply cover in our KS2 classes.
Unfortunately we feel this post is not suitable for a NQT.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff, and volunteers, to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the school are positively encouraged, within Covid-19 secure guidelines. For an appointment to have a socially distanced tour of our school after school hours and an opportunity to talk about the details of this post, please telephone the school office on 01684 772254.
Further details and application forms are available from the school via email (email@example.com).
Closing date: Wednesday 20th January 2021