2x Apprentice Teaching Assistants - Ref: TV37020
2x Apprentice Teaching Assistants
We are currently seeking 2 apprentices to train at Delves Junior School. These posts will be Monday to Friday, term time only plus 5 training days, from 8.30am - 3.30pm each day (32.5 hours each week). The apprenticeship period will be 27 months commencing April 2021.
The job will involve working at Delves Junior School supporting in class and working with pupils who may have specific needs (SEND). This is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain paid employment whilst gaining a recognised Level 3 qualification and embark on a career in education.
Closing date: Wed 3rd Feb 2021 4pm
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Be fully supportive of the ethos of the school
- Be willing to learn
- Be a positive role model in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team
- Give attention to detail
- Have the capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed
- Hold yourself to high personal standards
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be committed to helping and supporting children from all backgrounds
- Follow safeguarding and child protection procedures including the ability to handle confidential information
- Have an excellent health and attendance record.
- Have an adaptable and professional approach to the responsibilities of the post
- Have an understanding of and commitment to the equal opportunities policy
- Have sound ICT skills
5 GCSEs, including Maths and English, Grade C or above or 4/5 (new grading) or a relevant Level 2 qualification.
Rate of Pay: The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour (from April). This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over AFTER completing their first year. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that is part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Delves Federation is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of the children and all appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Contact: Vanessa Wain, School Business Manager, Delves Junior School, Bell Lane, Walsall, WS5 4PU TEL: 01922 721112 for an application form and details or email the school via firstname.lastname@example.org