Fundraising & Communications Officer
Fundraising and Communications Officer
Options for Life, Oak Green Lodge, Oak Way, Oldbury, West Midlands, B68 8LR. Regular travel will be required to all premises from which Options for Life operates. Once established following government guidelines working from home will also be an essential part of the role
25 hours per week
£22,000 per annum, pro-rata
Business Support Manager
- To raise funds from a mix of sources including charitable trusts, foundations, grant making and statutory bodies.
- To develop strategic relationships with supporters, volunteer fundraisers and community and corporate partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, apply for and gain funding for the work of the charity from a number of sources:
- Revenue funding from charitable trusts and other grant making bodies;
- Project funding for specific work discussed and agreed with Business Support Manager;
- One-off funding opportunities for capital and revenue from local, regional and national sources;
- In-kind donations from businesses, social groups and individuals
- In conjunction with the Business Support Manager, ensure all relevant parties are aware of any grant funding conditions, budgets and timelines. To assist in the monitoring and reporting, including developing case studies, for all funding received. Alongside the Business Support Manager represent the charity with a range of potential community and corporate supporters. To devise and coordinate fundraising events throughout the year To provide regular funding reports to the Business Support Manager / Senior Leadership Team. To maintain and develop the charity’s social media presence to keep supporters abreast of news To write and distribute press releases to promote the work of the charity Contribute to the development and production of marketing materials to promote fundraising activities.
- To work to ensure continuous quality improvement and service excellence.
- Undertake such duties as may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility and nature of the job in discussion with your line manager.
Options for Life is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate for this appointment will be required to apply for a Disclosure Barring Service check through the Criminal Records Bureau. Further information on the Disclosure process can be found at https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record
DATA PROTECTION AND CONFIDENTIALITY
All staff are responsible for ensuring that any personal data which they hold is kept securely; personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or accidentally or otherwise to any unauthorised third party; and personal data is only used for the purpose for which it is being held.
It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equal opportunity and recognition of diversity throughout the organisation.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The post holder will be required to:
- Promote health, safety and welfare throughout the organisation
- Undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the organisation’s Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Take responsible steps to safeguard their own safety and that of others with whom they work.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory references, an employment check under the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and a satisfactory CRB Disclosure.
This job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities and duties of the post and is in no way intended to restrict any individual in the performance of other duties within the general nature of the post as required by the organisation. The job description will be reviewed and updated periodically in the context of organisational and developmental changes, in consultation with the post holder.