Revenues Team Manager
37.0 Hours per Week
We have a unique opportunity for a Revenues Team Manager to join our highly regarded Income & Awards Team at Solihull Council, a crucial role, working in a fast paced environment, to ensure we continue to successfully deliver services to our customers.
As Revenues Team Manager you will lead the team responsible for the billing, collection and recovery of council tax, business rates, sundry income and overpaid Housing Benefit. In this role you will be responsible for team performance, resource management, forward planning and staff development.
Working collaboratively with our dedicated Management Team you will ensure that our statutory obligations are met, and that policies and procedures are in place to achieve these.
You will have:
- ILM Level 5 (or equivalent) or the ability to demonstrate significant management experience of working in a Revenues environment
- Experience of managing income team functions (either council tax or NNDR) at a manager or team leader level
- Excellent working knowledge of Revenues legislation.
- Practical experience of managing resources, agreeing work plans and deciding priorities.
- Proven people and team building skills, able to develop staff to their full potential
- Experience of managing change with successful outcomes for customers and staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
In return, this role offers the opportunity to help shape and develop services for Solihull during a period where change and process improvement is key to our success.
Working for Solihull we also offer:
- Training and development opportunities.
- A range of flexible and agile working options.
- Generous leave entitlement (which rises with continuing service), including the potential for flexi leave up to 24 days per year.
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 additional days annual leave per year.
- Family and Carer friendly policies.
- Attractive staff discounts and benefits.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service.
- A career average pension scheme.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Louise Lynch, Income Operations Manager, on 0121 704 6514 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on 18th or 19th February 2021 using a secure video conferencing platform.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description and Person Specification