Adult Social Worker
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunitiesWhat is the job role?
We are looking for a part-time (18.5) registered social worker to join us in our commitment to make the principles of The Care Act 2014 a reality for the people of Coventry.
That sounds easy, but what does that mean; what’s our commitment to you? Well in Coventry we recognise that this requires:
- A commitment to strength-based practice, risk enablement and “Making Safeguarding Personal”
- Complex but manageable caseloads
- Effective supervision and support
- An inspiring learning and development offer
- Access to learning resources such as “Research in Practice For Adults”
- Supporting practice education and newly qualified social workers
- A focus on practice quality
- Commitment to pre and post qualifying development opportunities
You will need to have a recognised professional Social Work qualification (MA/BA/BSc in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and Social Work England registration.
We are looking for staff with a range of experience from newly qualified to experienced staff. We need people with knowledge of social work practice and legislation including the Care Act 2014 and Mental Capacity Act 2005, a good understanding of personalisation and direct payments and excellent assessment and analysis skills.
You will work closely with professionals from a range of agencies including Health, Education, Police and housing services in order to improve outcomes for people.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a social worker who is committed to achieving the best for the people of Coventry. You will be joining a great team of people who are passionate about the city, its people and its exciting prospects.
Coventry is of course the UK City of Culture 2021. This is a win for Coventry, a win for our residents and a win for diversity. The economic impact is huge for the city and the West Midlands. We’re already beginning to see the impact of this across the city from our main offices in Friargate.
Coventry is a vibrant, multicultural city with a fascinating and inspiring story to tell and an arts and cultural scene that deserves its place in the national spotlight. As UK City of Culture 2021 we will be able to show everyone why we are so proud of our city and the people who live, work and study here.
Coventry City Council is clear about its responsibilities in embracing diversity and ensuring we recruit people of a high calibre on the basis of their skills, abilities, and experience. As such we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
All attachments for the job can be found here
Interview date: 9th February 2021Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a Council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks