Customer and Systems Support Advisors (Housing)
Are you an enthusiastic, organised and flexible individual? If you answered yes then we'd love to hear from you! We'd like you to join our fast paced Housing Team in a busy customer service role. You will assist customers both face to face and on the telephone, as well as completing a wide range of administrative tasks. Your main function initially will be to monitor the Council’s temporary accommodation supply and allocate appropriate temporary accommodation to homeless households on request. This will involve co-ordinating moves in and out of temporary accommodation, keeping accurate records and monitoring payments.
Experience of working in a busy customer focussed environment would be an advantage, however the most important qualities you will possess are; excellent organisational and IT skills; a willingness to learn and develop new knowledge and skills; the flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the service; and a proactive and motivated attitude.
In return we can offer you a positive working environment, opportunities for training and development, flexible working hours and a minimum of 25 days annual leave.
The successful candidate will become an important part of our frontline Housing team. You will be asked to complete a wide range of administration tasks to ensure records of temporary accomodation placements are accurate. Keeping the records accurate will include ensuring housing and welfare benefit claims are in payment, and households move between placements as required. No two days will be the same - so if you love variety then this role could be for you! As well as a range of administration tasks you will provide a excellent customer service to customers whilst giving them the advice they need.
The successful applicant should have...
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of keeping accurate records
- Knowledge of welfare benefits including Universal Credit
- Excellent organisational, administrative, prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Skills and Experience
To be successful in the role, you should...
- Be a strong team player
- Have excellent IT skills
- Use your ability to work on your own initiative without close supervision
- Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Have the ability to explain complex information simply
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Posess excellent interpersonal skills with a friendly, non-judgemental, approachable, sensitive and customer-oriented approach
If you want an informal discussion about the role please contact Emma Jordan, Housing Welfare and Options Team Manager, on 01905 722589 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 15th February 2021