St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Vivian Road, Harborne, Birmingham, B17 0DN, Telephone: 0121 464 2141, Website: www.stmaryrc.bham.sch.uk
Chair of Governors: Mr David Collins
Headteacher: Miss Helena Cusack
This vacancy arises upon the retirement of our long-serving Headteacher, Helena Cusack at the end of the Summer Term 2021.
St Mary’s is a mixed, over-subscribed, 2 form entry Catholic Primary School for children aged 4 to 11, with capacity for 420 children.
Our Catholic ethos is embedded in all that we do, and we strive to ensure that our pupils’ experience of Catholic Life is rich and meaningful. We are proud to share a unique relationship with our neighbouring parish of St Mary’s, and indeed the wider community of Harborne.
We are seeking:
- a practising and committed Catholic with a secure understanding of Catholic Education
- a determined and resilient professional with a proven track record of successful leadership
- an impressive and influential character with the ability to inspire and motivate pupils, parents, staff and governors
- a dependable candidate who will build upon the exemplary standards at St Mary’s, with the ability to develop and implement strategic goals
In return, we offer you:
- an Outstanding, well-established school with an exceptional Catholic ethos
- happy, well-motivated children from diverse backgrounds who are proud of their school
- a dedicated, talented and experienced team of staff
- a supportive and committed governing body who are fully engaged in the life of the school and its stated aims and objectives.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the appointment at the start of the Autumn Term 2021.
Informal contact with the school is most welcome.
Should you have any immediate questions, please direct them to Tracy Vincent, our Strategic Business Manager via the main office telephone number, or email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 8 February 2021 at 9.00am
Shortlisting: Friday 12 February 2021
Interviewing: Week Commencing 22 February 2021
For an applicant pack please email the job reference number ES2159 to: CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk. Only CES applications forms will be accepted. Please do not apply via the TES Website. Completed applications forms should be emailed to CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk by the above closing date.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.