Revenues Shared Service Manager
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for a Revenues Service Manager to join our dedicated team, undertaking a crucial role to ensure the effective administration of the billing and collection service. This role is crucial to maximise revenue for the shared service in respect of Council Tax, Non-Domestic Rates, and for Housing Benefit Overpayments, Sundry Debts & Housing Rents for Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council in accordance with legislation, local policies and strategies.
You will lead and manage the revenues shared service of Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough council and North Warwickshire borough Council, working collaboratively to ensure excellence in the service, and formulate and maintain policy and strategy for the Revenues Shared Service in line with local and national policies and priorities.
To be successful in the role you will have:
• NVQ Level 5 standard on the National Qualifications Framework i.e., foundation degree or diploma in relevant Revenues based subject or willingness and ability to work towards
• Recent and relevant experience of working in a revenue’s environment, including dealing with/interviewing public both by telephone and in person.
• Relevant experience of managing and supervising a team
• Experience of working with and good understanding of Council Tax, Non-Domestic Rate legislation and Housing Law.
• Good knowledge of recovery processes and legislation in respect of Council Tax, Non-Domestic Rates, Housing Benefit Overpayments, Sundry Debts & Housing Rent matters.
• Good working knowledge of using of computerised systems, including Housing Benefit applications, and Microsoft packages, specifically Word and Excel.
You must be able to work flexibly across the shared service sites and manage large projects across the service.
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.