YOT Assessment and Development Officer
Wolverhampton Youth Offending Team YOT Assessment and Development Officer
Grade 7 £36,922 - £41,881
Open to INTERNAL and EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Wolverhampton Youth Offending Team has a proven track record of delivering excellent services to young people and their families who are at risk or involved in the Criminal Justice System. We continue to be a forward thinking and ambitious organisation, committed to improving outcomes for young people, their victims and creating a safer community. As a multi-disciplinary team, we continue to develop a range of collaborative approaches to working with our key partners to ensure that our service meets the increasing complexity of young people and the changing nature of risk. To this end, Wolverhampton Youth Offending Team has invested in a service transformation project to develop trauma informed practice based on the Attachment, Regulation and Competency framework (ARC) and embedding the key Restorative Practice principles in promoting “Positive Youth Justice”.
We are looking to recruit an Assessment and Development Officer to work as part of an established and successful leadership team. We are looking for a person, who is creative and hardworking with a commitment to working as a part of this team; and who will be passionate and willing to go that “extra mile” for excellence:
You will have:
- relevant qualification recognised within YOT partnership
- a proven track record in developing best and effective practice within the criminal justice context, with an evidence-based understanding of best practice in assessment, intervention planning, delivery and review
- experience of managing and developing a range of creative intervention projects and leading on specific practice areas with measurable impacts and outcomes
- a strong understanding of risk and safety & wellbeing in all contexts and experience of working and managing staff working with complex young people and their families.
- the ability to motivate and supervise staff, supporting their development and practice.
- experience of quality assurance and strategies/methods to evaluate and continually improve practice.
- an understanding of the importance of managing performance and how that can support positive outcomes for children, young people and other service users.
- excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- experience and skills needed to represent the team and City of Wolverhampton council in a range of partnership forums
These posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For further information on this post please contact either:
Celia Payne (Service Manager, Youth Offending Team) on 01902 553722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Lianne Evans (Team Manager, Youth Offending Team)
Formal panel interviews will be held on either Monday 15th February 2021 or Tuesday 16th February 2021 via TEAMS and work-related test/presentation will be confirmed at the point of shortlisting.
Closing date is Sunday 31 January 2021Supporting documents