1-1 Teaching Assistant - Langdale Primary School
TEACHING ASSISTANT - REQUIRED TO WORK ON A 1:1 BASIS
WITH A CHILD WITH SPECIFIC LEARNING NEEDS
Langdale Primary School
Staffs ST5 3QE
Tel 01782 948000
WE ARE SEEKING TO APPOINT A ONE TO ONE TEACHING ASSISTANT ON A TEMPORARY BASIS, 30 HPW, TO WORK WITH CHILDREN WHO HAVE SPECIFIC LEARNING NEEDS.
The contract is temporary, to cover a member of staff on maternity leave.
Details of the role:
- To start on 22nd February 2021
- 30 hours per week
- Term-time only.
- Salary : Full time equivalent: £18,562 - £18,933 pro rata
Grade 3, SCP 3 - 4, starting £10.95 per hour.
- Contract to cover maternity leave.
Requirements for the role:
- NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistant, or recognized equivalent qualification,
or demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- Provide 1:1 and small group work to support a child with additional needs.
- Provide structured support, including tutorial support, in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers.
- Use specialist knowledge/experience to provide appropriate support to the pupil in relation to their individual needs, e.g. behaviour management strategies.
- Involvement in the development and implementation of Individual Education, Behaviour, Support and Mentoring plans.
- Be passionate about working with children who have SEN and be able to assist in their social, health and hygiene development.
Support for the Teacher
- Undertake marking of planned work.
- In conjunction with teacher, record pupils’ progress, provide feedback to appropriate education professionals, e.g. LEA officers, Ofsted Inspectors.
- To support the teacher to develop appropriate learning plans to raise achievement.
- Co-ordinate and organise pupils attending extra-curricular activities/out of school activities under guidance of teacher.
- Provide general admin support, for classroom activities.
"This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment"
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk
If you have any queries please contact the office, Mrs Amphlett, Office Manager.
Application packs are available for immediate download comprising job description & person specification, application form, recruitment monitoring form and guidance notes. Please return application forms by email to email@example.com or by post to the above address.
Closing Date: Sunday 7th February 2021
Shortlisting : Monday 8th February 2021
Interview : Tuesday 9th February 2021