Teacher of Biology
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Bishop Vesey's Grammar School, Lichfield Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Telephone Number: 0121 250 5400
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: September 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join one of Britain’s top state schools and experience teaching in our expanding Grammar School. Judged OUTSTANDING in all aspects by OFSTED, we are seeking an inspirational teacher who has the ability to engage, enthuse and motivate able pupils. You will be passionate about learning and able to demonstrate a range of behaviour management strategies and teaching skills.
You will possess excellent communication skills to teach throughout the age range including A’ level. We encourage applications from NQT’s or experienced teachers to join a department which:
• Deliver some outstanding outcomes for young people and is hungry for further success. Exam results for 2020 are 78% A*-B (A level) and 73% 9-7 (GCSE)
• Has a friendly, supportive, talented hard-working teaching team
• Has a strong commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
In return we can offer:
• The opportunity to work with highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic students
• Commitment to continuing professional career development and support
• The opportunity to work in a caring and nurturing environment and to get involved in a broad spectrum of extra-curricular activities
If you are interested in working at the leading edge of education, believe that everyone can succeed and are prepared to work hard, we want to hear from you.
Closing Date: 01/02/2021, 10am
Informal enquiries are welcome, please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager at email@example.com
For further details and an application pack please visit our website: www.bvgs.co.uk
Interviews will take place via Zoom on the 8th February 2021.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.