Team Manager Disabilities - 0-25 years
Dudley Council: Putting our residents first.
Hamptons Resourcing is delighted to be representing Dudley Council in their quest to secure a Team Manager Disabilities 0-25 years.
Homeworking initially during the COVID-19 pandemic and then agile working in the future.
The successful post holder will hold significant experience in managing social care teams and social care services for children and young people.
The main purpose of the Team Manager post will be to provide structure, organisation, and clear management direction, leading by the front and by example. A talented people manager and mentor, you will have experience managing cultural and organisational change in complex organisations. You will have a demonstrable background working in adult social care and transitions, offering a strong interface from children to adulthood, facilitating the transition. You will hold a strong knowledge of the Children Act, SEND, the Mental Health Act, and the Mental Capacity Act. You will be responsible for budgets and need to have an insight into managing complex budgets, from both local authority and children’s panels.
You will exhibit evidence of successful integrated working with colleagues across service and partner agencies to promote the best interests of children and young people and adults with disabilities and special educational needs. You will have an effortless ability to delegate and prioritise complex caseloads, alongside developing this skill in others within your team. You will promote a culture of strong partnership working across all disciplines, internal, external partners, and stakeholders, at operational levels, to deliver integrated support and key strategies. You will actively contribute to the strategic development of the Disability Service, whilst being relentless in seeking improved outcomes and life chances for the children, young people, parents, and carers who use the service.
Duties will include:
- Provide leadership, operational management, and direction in the delivery of the following service:
- Multi-disciplinary teams providing social care services to children, young people, and adults with disabilities, aged 0-25 years, and their families and carers.
- Develop working practice to deliver a streamlined and integrated service from 0-25 years.
- Integrate social care into SEND education, health, and care plans (EHCPs), and contribute to the annual EHCP reviews.
- Support the service to develop leading edge practice in response to the Care Act 2014, Children & Families Act 2014, and related SEND Code of Practice and statutory regulations.
In your lead role you will have a crucial part to play in improving disability services and outcomes for Dudley residents. You will work in partnership with residents, families, and carers. As well as other professionals, to optimise involvement and provide collaborative solutions.
You will be an aspiring Assistant Team Manager or seasoned Team Manager within Disability Services
- Significant experience of managing social care services for children and young people aged 0-18 years.
- Experience of managing or working with transitions and adult social care to provide services to people aged 0-25 years.
- Experience of implementing performance management and quality assurance in service delivery.
- Experience of effective team management, providing supervision and development to team members, and professional consultation.
- Significant experience of providing high quality services for children and young people.
- Experience of being involved in monitoring services, and implementing action plans following audit and inspection.
- Experience in children’s safeguarding
- On the HCPC Register for qualified social workers
- Evidence of management supervisory training and/or willingness to undertake such training.
- Evidence of up-to-date continuous professional development in children’s social care
You will be committed to achieving high levels of performance for both yourself and your team and the best possible outcomes for our service users.
What we offer:
- Agile Working – supporting you to work in an agile way, dependant on the needs of the service.
- Annual Leave – Enhanced leave above the national average.
- Flexible Working – supporting and promoting a positive work/life balance.
- Staff Counselling Service – In-house access for all with a variety of therapeutic approaches to suit the individual needs of each client.
- Wellbeing – a range of activities to enhance and support your wellbeing.
- Kaarp Benefits - For 100’s of discounts on shopping, entertainment, holidays and much more.
- Sick Pay – Enhanced entitlement above national average.
- Paycare – Everyday health cover since 1874. Employees can access further information at the following link: http://paycare4work.wpengine.com/1485-dudley-metropolitan-borough-council/
- Corporate Gym Membership – across Dudley Borough Leisure Centres.
- Costa Coffee and EE discount.
The closing date for the role is the 14th of February.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to our retained search partners, Hampton’s Resourcing, or contact Simon or Tracy on 01926 353 999