MPR/UPR + 1 SEN Allowance
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed term till 31/08/21 - Maternity Cover
The Bridge School, Coppice View Road, Sutton Coldfield, B73 6UE
Telephone Number: 07513484311
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: April 2021
Location - The Bridge, Coppice View Rd, Sutton Coldfield B73 6UE
Contract – Full time, Maternity Cover for one term initially (until 31 Aug 21)
All of the children who attend The Bridge School have a Statement of Special Educational Need or an Education and Health Care Plan. Our school educates approximately 90 children with complex and multiple needs. Children may have Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) or a diagnosis of Autistic
Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Some children have additional needs including visual impairment and hearing impairment and behaviour difficulties. Children attending our school will usually require augmented and modified curriculum opportunities including an overarching mobility curriculum and a sensory experiential curriculum for our more profound
learners. The Bridge School underpins all of its curriculum delivery through continually developing its communication work so that pupils may access their learning in a way personalised to their needs.
We are passionate about meeting the needs of those children with the most complex needs. Our staff provide a caring and safe learning environment and work in partnership with our parents and carers to ensure that all our children are able to reach their full potential.
We are looking for a highly effective creative and inspirational classroom practitioner to cover maternity leave at The Bridge School, part of Forward Education Trust, a rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled classroom teacher who
is enthusiastic and motivated to help our students develop and reach their full potential. The post is initially for one term until 31 August 2021 with the possibility of an extension.
The successful candidate will:
• Have previous teaching experience and skills of working with children across at least two key stages
• Have practical experience of working with children with complex special needs including those with autism and communication difficulties and profound, severe and moderate learning difficulties
• Have QTS status
• Be a team player
We can offer you:
• A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
• The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching
• A dedicated leadership team committed to supporting our staff
You will offer us:
• A Teacher who is motivated and enthusiastic who has experience of working with children with special needs.
• Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning.
• Your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 04/02/2021, Midnight
Interview Date: week commencing 8th February 2021
How to apply: You can apply online by visiting www.fet.ac/vacancies and completing an online application
Please note that only Forward Education Trust Teaching Application forms will be accepted; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them in place of a fully completed application form Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos. Enhanced DBS clearance is required for this post.
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.