Highways Maintenance Operations Manager
Job Title: Highways Maintenance Operations Manager
Salary: £61,849 which includes MFS payment upto £7,923 and Highways Duty Manager allowance (of circa £4,000 per annum), plus payment for out of hours working)
Full-Time: 37 Hours
Location: Lydiate Ash Depot, Bromsgrove
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Highways Maintenance Operations Manager with responsibility for county wide Reactive and Cyclic works and to lead our North Worcestershire operations team at our depot near Bromsgrove.
What you'll be doing:
As a Highways Maintenance Operations Manager you will:
• Manage the countywide delivery of the Reactive & Cyclic function through the Highways Term Service Contract working closely with our Contractor Ringway.
• Ensure our highway maintenance services are aligned with the County Council's key priority 'Open for Business' and work closely with local communities, members and other key stakeholders and customers.
• Lead and manage partnership development with external stakeholders such as District Councils, Midland Steering Groups, neighbouring authorities and national agencies to co-ordinate and maximise efficient joined up service delivery such as Street-scene activities.
• Manage and lead the day-to-day supervision of all highway maintenance staff based in the Lydiate Ash depot covering North Worcestershire and those from other parts of the highways service who are located there for business continuity and severe weather events.
• Manage and report service delivery performances and that work is aligned to the required timescales, quality standards and cost effective delivery.
Who we're looking for
• Have expert knowledge of highway maintenance best practice, techniques and materials
• Have the appropriate industry experience and hold a technical qualification degree or similar
• Possess strong leadership and management skills
• Have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
• Be highly self-motivated to achieve a high level of performance and be able to inspire and motivate others to do the same and deliver customer satisfaction
• Have experience in the efficient and effective management of resources
• Be commercially aware and understand the costs of doing business, SLAs and KPIs.
Why work for us:
This is a fast paced and dynamic environment, working with different stakeholders to deliver results in often challenging conditions. You will help to develop, manage and maintain the County Council's biggest asset that modern economies, societies and communities rely on, ensuring its resilience and accessibility.
This role offers an exciting, challenging and technically demanding opportunity for a suitably skilled candidate to be part of Worcestershire's future, as a place which is proudly 'Open for Business'.
The work we do at Worcestershire County Council matters! We are helping to build a successful and growing local economy and supporting our communities. A key component of a successful and flourishing economy is an efficient and resilient highway network and as high performing Highways Authority, there has never been a more exciting time to be working in Worcestershire.
For an informal chat about this job, please telephone Elliot Pritchard on 01905 844 799
We are inclusive – this is really important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
Disability Confident is helping us recruit and retain great people to meet our workforce needs.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 14th February 2021,
Proposed Interview Date: TBC