Senior Infrastructure Specialist (Workstation) - Ref: RT62820
ICT Senior Infrastructure Specialist (Workstation)
G9: £33,448-£38,506 per annum
37 Hours per week
Fixed term contracts for 12 months
(2x posts available)
We are looking for people with a flair and passion for IT, inquisitive in nature, with a strong attention to detail, who are motivated and forward-thinking. If that sounds like you, then why not apply to join us on a 3rd Line workstation infrastructure team?
About the team:
We’re a friendly and inclusive team, working closely with other specialist teams within Technical Services, providing support to approximately 3000 internal users. Our job role broadly covers the following areas:
- Microsoft 365 – Workload migration, management and tech support – including, but not necessarily limited to; Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise, SharePoint, Teams and OneDrive
- Windows 10 enterprise management – using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Active Directory Group Policy to securely manage a large estate of tablets and desktops across the borough.
- Mobile device management – Using Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune) to securely manage access for corporate and personal mobile devices to M365 and other corporate resources
- Desktop printer management – Using Ysoft SafeQ secure print solutions to manage availability and access to our suite of corporate MFDs
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide third-line help desk support (break-fix support, service requests, change requests, problem management and major incidents)
- Perform server maintenance, security and compliance actions
- Problem solving, research, development to resolve complex issues
- Respond to monitoring system warnings and alerts
- Document, share knowledge and follow ICT procedures
- Communicate effectively with colleagues across other IT teams and stakeholders, and know when to escalate
- Opportunity to work on team and/or individual projects
Key skills and abilities:
The successful candidate will have or be able to quickly develop skills in the following areas: -
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Application packaging, supersedence rules, deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Configuration Items and Configuration Baseline
- Windows 10 Feature Updates deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Analysing log files
- Desktop Analytics
- Plan for the deployment of Windows 10 Feature Updates by assessing application and driver compatibility
- Active Directory
- Excellent working knowledge of User and Computers, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Computer Management, Event Viewer
- Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise
- M365 configuration via Intune
- M365 Servicing Channels
- OneDrive Known Folder Mode
- Migrating workloads to M365
- Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Using ATP to manage and support the mobile estate
- A keen interest in developing technologies
- Skills in using PowerShell
You will be working from home for the foreseeable future. Whilst we don’t envisage a return to the office until the second half of 2021, during this time, you may occasionally be required to attend the office based in Walsall.
A broadband connection is essential.
We hold daily Microsoft Teams meetings to keep in touch with colleagues.
Closing Date: 3rd February 2021
Interviews: week commencing 22nd February 2021
For this role the successful candidates must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
Please note that the ‘Apply’ link will open a new website (Taleo Careers), for which you will need create an account to enable you to apply.