35 hours per week, Permanent
Based in Birmingham
Job Ref: 963
We are currently recruiting for Lead Workers for our Housing Support Teams.
Our Housing Support Lead Worker Service provides housing-related support for Vulnerable Families in temporary accommodation, Single Adults and Couples & Survivors of Domestic Abuse. We support people to prevent the loss of their accommodation if it is at risk, or help them find/settle into suitable alternative accommodation. We also work with key strategic partners to help address other social related issues, such as benefit/welfare reform processes, helping to maximise people’s incomes, signposting to relevant primary and secondary health care services and more.
As Lead Worker, you will be expected to:
- Be motivated, committed and confident at liaising with other professionals.
- Be able to work autonomously, and as part of a team.
- Possess some understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerably housed people and the difficulties they experience in accessing services.
- Have the ability to empower individuals to make positive changes and a willingness to develop these valuable skills.
- Effectively manage your own caseloads and time.
- Provide individual, tailored support, in accordance with the agreed support plan.
- Assess and manage risk.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Understand the importance of maintaining professional boundaries.
- Ensure safeguarding protocols are followed.
You will be part of a team reporting to a Team Leader and Service Manager. We will provide a supportive work environment and appropriate IT equipment, including a smart phone and laptop. You will have the freedom to manage your caseload as you see fit, supporting your service users to achieve the best outcomes for them. Working collaboratively with your colleagues and other agencies, you will receive regular supervision from your Team Leader who will be there to support and encourage you.
If you have any further questions, please contact Natalie Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org
To download an application pack, visit https://www.cranstoun.org/current-vacancies/lead-worker-cranstoun-birmingham-963/
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept CVs.
Closing date: Rolling Recruitment
We are an inclusive employer, committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of our work